Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sour throat, runny nose, and cough oh my........

Howdy all, well today is my first day back in the lab this week. I was unable to come in because I caught a cold bug over this past weekend. I woke-up Saturday morning with a sore throat and a mild cough, by Sunday morning I could add a runny nose to the list of symptoms I had. I knew I had to take some time to rest when I couldn’t stay asleep Sunday night because I kept on coughing. Waking-up Monday was the worst; Tuesday was a little better but I decided I better not chance it and go to school. I am feeling better than I did this past weekend but I still have a cough that is still lingering. Upon arriving in the lab today I found out that I made a mistake while diluting some of the yogurts last week. I changed the peptone water to 90mL from 99mL with making this changes I over looked changing the yogurt amount from 1mL to 10mL (99mL of peptone water with 1mL of yogurt and 90mL of peptone water with 10mL of yogurt). This is something I’ll be mixing next week. Since I only made it in one day this week I wasn’t able to make another batch of TSA media, so I don’t have any pictures to post. However, I did take a picture of the already finished TSA plates I did last week (posted blow).

No comments:

Post a Comment