Thursday, October 23, 2014

Off to a good start...

This week in lab I started plating my two yogurts and kefir drink using the L. S. Differential media I made last week. The first set of test I did on Monday came back with too much growth on the plates. So I had to readjust the amount I was using on the plates. I first start out using 100 µl of solution on the plates but that produced way too much so I lowered the amount to 25 µl. The second set of test plates were done yesterday (Wednesday). It takes about 48 hours in the incubation process for growth to happen. I’ll be checking on the plates tomorrow (Friday).

Other than plating this week in lab I have be gathering material together to make up my human stomach simulation. After checking with Cori to make sure that the lab had all the ingredients I needed to make up my gastric acid. I got the green light that the lab has all the ingredients I needed. I’ll be using a recipe of hydrochloric acid, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, and distilled water to make up gastric acid of the stomach. I have also been working with Josh to come up with a way to react how the human stomach digest food. We came up with a pretty good way to do it but I’ll share that next blog. Got to have something to write about next week. Hope everyone’s projects are coming along nicely and I hope you all have a great weekend.


The pictures above are of the materials I used to plate this week and of the first set of test plates done on Monday October the 20th, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment