Thursday, November 21, 2013

A week of playing keeping up...

Hello, my follow S-STEM scholars. How many of you can believe that the end of this semester is right around the corner. Who else out there is freaking out and happy at the same time? Like my title says this past week, I have been trying to keep up in all my classes and rewrite my rough draft. However, despite the week being packed full of things to do, I still got to sit down with Matt to talk about my next project. I get to embark on fomites. I cannot wait to start this project but more then likely I will start on this project after the Thanksgiving holiday because next week is so short. I have already started researching the topic of fomites. Fomite is a term for any inanimate object that can carry disease-causing organisms. Things like cutting boards, kitchen skins, the change in your pocket, and the pens you use to write all have fomites. For my project I get to go around PC to collect samples and see what I can find. I am really looking forward to do this experiment but at the same time terrified at what I am going to find out there on.
The image above came from http://previncblog.com/what-are-fomites-and-how-do-they-transfer-viruses/

No comments:

Post a Comment